Intellectual Property Litigation
We advocate for our clients in claims of infringement and ownership of patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, as well as matters concerning license agreements, distributorship agreements, and other agreements covering intellectual property.
We seek to resolve matters by negotiation, mediation, arbitration and court trial.
- Prevailed on breach of fiduciary duty claims against former CEO including award of $1.6 million in punitive damages, and defeated CEO’s patent ownership claims, in 12-day binding arbitration hearing.
- Prevailed in binding arbitration on breach of online marketing contract, including award of attorney’s fees.
- Defeated claim of trademark infringement by motion to dismiss immediately upon
commencement of litigation.
- Defeated patent and trade dress infringement claims by multiple summary judgment motions. Reached confidential settlement while appeal was pending in the Federal Circuit.
- Prevailed on claim of breach of media player software development and license agreement.
- Settled on eve of trial dispute over license agreement and ownership of biotech invention involving cDNA libraries and cloning vectors.
- Settled claims of breach of international commercial software distribution license agreement at Early Neutral Evaluation Conference in federal court immediately upon filing suit.
- Settled two separate federal cases of breach of international technology software license and manufacturing agreements against defendants in China and Singapore.
- Settled claims of trademark infringement, copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, fraud, intentional interference with prospective business advantage, unjust enrichment, breach of contract and conversion. Successfully moved to change venue and compel arbitration.
- Settled breach of software license claim against biotech drug discovery firm.
- Settled breach of medical device consulting agreement.
- Settled dispute over industrial power supply and conditioning equipment.
- Settled claim of breach of biotech consulting and business development contract.
- Settled copyright dispute between two authors over book.
<< Back to Practice Areas