- We negotiate and prepare documents on behalf of buyers and sellers in commercial and investment purchase and sale transactions.
- We represent landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations.
- We advise property managers and their clients.
- We advocate for clients in claims and defenses of breach of contract, failure to disclose, and breach of commercial leases.
- We advocate for developers, contractors, consultants, architects and engineers in construction and development disputes.
- We advocate for owners to resolve boundary and encroachment disputes.
- We advocate for owners to recover full and fair value in eminent domain cases.
- We advocate for clients in claims and defenses concerning fraud, title and ownership, financing and foreclosure, brokerage, land use, development and other matters.
- We seek to resolve matters through negotiation, mediation, arbitration and court trial.
- Obtained unanimous jury verdict of $19.8 million after five week trial with 38 witnesses over claims of eminent domain, development of a medical office building. Defeated allegations of governmental conflicts of interest. Court awarded client recovery of $2 million in attorneys’ fees. Appeal pending.
- Obtained jury verdict of $1.5 million including punitive damages, and defeated counterclaim of $300,000, after four week trial over claims of breach of public works construction subcontract and related claims. (Jury’s verdict reduced by court following trial.)
- Prevailed in quiet title action by motion in federal court including on appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Defeated motion for temporary restraining order to stop foreclosure, and favorably settled claims of wrongful foreclosure.
- Settled eminent domain claim of CALTRANS on eve of trial for $600,000.
- Settled partnership claims over 12 condominiums and claims of breaches of fiduciary duty against managing partner.
- Settled arbitration claims of owner for construction defects of custom home against contractor.
- Settled boundary and encroachment disputes.
- Negotiated termination of lease for industrial space for manufacturer of retail products.
- Negotiated cancellation of real estate sales contract based on buyer’s default.
- Defeated in negotiations claim of access easement across client’s property.
<< Back to Practice Areas