- Real Estate is complex and we believe that an attorney should help, not hinder any deal. Our attorneys work with you to understand the heart of the deal and help ensure that your transaction can finish smoothly and on time.
- We negotiate and prepare documents on behalf of buyers and sellers in commercial and investment purchase and sale transactions; we represent landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations; and
- We advise property managers and their clients on day-to-day lease administration and tenant issues, such as CAM disputes and lease workouts or renegotiations.
- We advocate for clients in claims and defenses of breach of contract, failure to disclose, and breach of commercial leases.
- We advocate for developers, contractors, consultants, architects and engineers in construction and development disputes.
- We advocate for owners to resolve boundary and encroachment disputes.
- We advocate for owners to recover full and fair value in eminent domain cases.
- We advocate for clients in claims and defenses concerning fraud, title and ownership, financing and foreclosure, brokerage, land use, development and other matters.
- We seek to resolve matters through negotiation, mediation, arbitration and court trial.
- Obtained unanimous jury verdict of $19.8 million after five week trial with 38 witnesses over claims of eminent domain, development of a medical office building. Defeated allegations of governmental conflicts of interest. Court awarded client recovery of $2 million in attorneys’ fees. Appeal pending.
- Obtained jury verdict of $1.5 million including punitive damages, and defeated counterclaim of $300,000, after four week trial over claims of breach of public works construction subcontract and related claims. (Jury’s verdict reduced by court following trial.)
- Prevailed in quiet title action by motion in federal court including on appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Defeated motion for temporary restraining order to stop foreclosure, and favorably settled claims of wrongful foreclosure.
- Settled eminent domain claim of CALTRANS on eve of trial for $600,000.
- Settled partnership claims over 12 condominiums and claims of breaches of fiduciary duty against managing partner.
- Settled arbitration claims of owner for construction defects of custom home against contractor.
- Settled boundary and encroachment disputes.
- Negotiated termination of lease for industrial space for manufacturer of retail products.
- Negotiated cancellation of real estate sales contract based on buyer’s default.
- Defeated in negotiations claim of access easement across client’s property.
<< Back to Practice Areas